Sunday, May 4, 2008

Booklet of Scripture














This is a project that was inspired by
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/683644?si=birthday%20book%20by%20suedstamper.



I didn't have pre-made tags so I cut my own. I used the library stamp image from SU's Stamp of Authenticity set to determine the size to cut the cardstock for each page.

The last page was the first one I stamped. (Keep reading to find out why.)


Besides the cover, mine had 11 pages with the last one using the library card image from SU's Stamp of Authenticity set.

The cardstock is vanilla sponged very lightly with Apricot Appeal.

The words along the bottom came from Wonderful Words, Wonderful Words II, Graceful Words and a couple of other sets from Stampin Up.



The flower images came from the Office Accoutrement set and were stamped in Rose Red using first, second, third, and even fourth generation images.

I used the scraptitude web site (see links to stamping favorites) to figure out what colors to use that would coordinate with Rose Red so the words along the bottom are stamped in different colors and I used the SU Stamp n Write pen of that color and two other coordinating colors to write the verses with.

The original on Split Coast Stampers had a ring through it. I decided to just use a piece of ribbon tied and left it long enough for the pages to be flipped. (The ribbon is visible in the first photo.)

I hand wrote Bible verses on each page both front and back that pertained to the word or phrase that I had stamped at the bottom of each page.


I left the back of each page undecorated so it only had the verses on it.

I gave it as a gift to my Pastor's wife. She took it apart and covered it with contact paper so she could carry it in her purse and it would be protected.


If you compare this one to the original I think the origingal was probably larger than mine.

If I had planned it better I could have typed the verses into the computer and printed them out on the cardstock first then I could have decorated it.

When I started the project I was only making it because it used Stamp of Authenticity set and I had just gotten it so I wanted to use it.

After I had already cut the cardstock into the tag shape and used the library card image from that set on one page, I realized that I wanted mine to be different because I didn't want that image on every page.

So I thought about it for a while and came up with the idea of giving it as a gift to my Pastor's wife. That's where the words written in script came from and so that determined which words I would use. It took some time spent with my Strong's Concordance to find verses to write on the pages for the different topics. It also took some time to print the Bible verses by hand .

The last page with the library card image on it has the month and year I made it my name and my Pastor's wife's name which is why I didn't include a photo of that page.

My pastor's wife really appreciated this project as a gift. I had fun making it.

I can't find the paper I wrote the scripture references on. If I find them again I'll add it to this post later.

I found the piece of paper....I do want to add that although these are the ones I picked out there wasn't room to write all of them on that card but these are the ones I chose from....

forever - John 3:16; 5:39; 6:68; 10:28; 17:3

love- John 13:34: 15:12&13; Matthew 22:37 & 39; Rom 5:8; Hebrews 10:24

faith - Luke 17:5 &6; John 14:1; 20:31; Eph 2:8; Philippians 3:9; Hebrews 11:1 & 3; I John 5:4

hope - Psalm 16:9; 31:24; 33:18; 42:11; 71:5; 119:114; 130:5

peace - John 14:27; Rom 5:1; 14:19; Gal 5:22 & 23; Phil 4:7; Col 3:15

grace - John 1:14; romans 5:17; II Corinthians 8:9; 9:8; Heb 4:16; James 4:6; I Peter 5:5

blessings - Beattitudes Matt 5:3-10; Psalm 1:1

rejoice - Psalm 5:11; 9:2; 32:11; 40:16; 95:1; John 15:11; 16:24; Philippians 4:4

thank you - Psalm 92:1; 95:2; 100:4; 105:1; Ephesians 5:20; I Thess 5:18;

celebrate life - Matt 7:14; Luke 9:24; John 1:4; 6:35; 10:10; 14:6

praying for you - II Chron 7:14; Psalm 5:3; Phil 4:6; I Thess 5:17; I Tim 2:1 & 2; James 5:16

No comments: