Monday, May 5, 2008

Photo Wallet


I enjoy making cards but I also enjoy making other kinds of projects too. There are so many ideas out there.

Here's a big shout out and thank you to all of those creative people out there who come up with these projects and provide the instructions for the rest of us.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!

For some reason I enjoy making mini books and mini albums. They are so much fun.

I take pleasure in making these things myself.


This is a project I found as a tutorial on Split Coast Stampers web site.

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/photo_wallet/

Since I didn't have the stamp set that was shown in the tutorial I decided to use what colors I had and a different stamp set.

The cardstock I used for the main body of this project is SU's Elegant Eggplant.


The flowers on the band are from the Delight in Life set by SU from 2007 Sale A Bration


I don't remember which pink (Pixie Pink ?? but I'm not sure) I used for the flowers but the green is Mellow Moss or it could be Always Artichoke but I'm not sure.

The image stamped on the green CS is the same image as the flowers. I positioned the green "leaves" cut out pieces behind the flowers so they are just peeking out from under.

You might notice that only the top flower has a smaller punched flower in the middle. The other two are plain stamped and cut out images.



I apologize for the very fuzzy photo. My camera wouldn't focus in very well.

I took this photo to show that I did stamp on the Eggplant cardstock. I used the leaves image from Touch of Nature (SU).

I used that same image on the green part of the band in Mellow Moss.







This image shows the mini album only partly open.

The images on the white CS are from Delight in Life.












It's almost impossible to see but the leaves image from A Touch of Nature is stamped several times on both the green and the pink pieces in ink that matches the CS color.


That is one of the reasons I am such a loyal Stampin Up customer. Their colors coordinate so well together.



This is the photo wallet completely open.

















Here is a detail photo showing there are leaves stamped on the green piece of CS.

Again I apologize for the fuzzy photo.



This was a fun project to make that didn't take very long to do. Although when I started working on it I had a migraine so I didn't finish it in one sitting.

No comments: