Monday, May 5, 2008

Polished Stone Technique





This is a card I made a long time ago.


I used the polished stone technique to creae the background for the trees.


The trees image is from SU's Lovely as a Tree set. It's a favorite of many stampers and so versatile.


The phrase is from SU's Botanicals set which has been retired for some time now.


Split Coast Stampers website has the tutorial for the polished stone technique.


This technique requires glossy cardstock.

If you've taken a look at my previous posts you will see that I do have a lot of Stampin Up stamp sets, cardstock, and accessories. I've been a customer for many years. Their products are high quality and I especially enjoy using their colors because they coordinate so well together.

I've been stamping for over 10 years and I had been stamping for several years before I ever heard of Stampin Up. I was invited to a workshop/party, whatever you want to call it and the rest is history.

Prior to that I was buying cardstock at a local discount craft store and at an even more local stamping store. I learned one day that not all pinks will go together. I was working on a project and wanted two pinks together but the ones I had did not coordinate at all. That was before I ever heard of SU.

Admittedly I don't use all of their products as there are some things I can get locally and save the shipping and handling. But that give me more money to spend on the other stuff.

I am a very loyal to SU but I do own stamps and some products from other companies too as you can tell by the stamping links. However, because I have so many SU sets those are the ones I tend to reach for first.

No comments: