Monday, May 5, 2008

Pocket Card



This is a card challenge that I think I found on Split Coast.

The paper is from SU's Designer Prints series of paper.

It is double sided paper and this one is rose red.

I forgot to take a photo of the pocket card without the card in it. The other side of the paper is striped.

I'll take another photo and add it at the bottom.

I used the paper piercer, guide, and mat from my SU Crafter's Tool Kit to create a line of holes at the top and bottom of the band. It's not a technique I've done much of but it came out nice.


The band is Certainly Celery CS.

I used part of the image from the Happiness stamp to put images of flowers on the band.

I would have used Certainly Celery ink but my pad is too dry so I used the Versa Mark pen instead.

The flowers are from Friendship Blooms set which was available during Sell A Bration this year.

I used the tab punch twice. I punched a piece of the pink CS (I forgot which color just now) and another one out of the prints paper and covered the pink piece.

I have the Table Top Paper Cutter from SU and used it to cut the narrow strips of Certainly Celery.

If you look carefully enough you'll see that I also stamped the large flower image on the pink paper using that same color of ink.


For the green trim at the top of the card I used a pair of decorative scissors. I was originally only going to have a little piece at the top that showed the cut of the decorative scissors. However, I wasn't sure from the instructions to make the card if it is supposed to be adhered shut or not.

I decided not to adhere it permanently shut. Because I figured it would be opened completely I decided to use line the flaps with the certainly celery cs and have the decorative cut showing.

Again the tutorial for this project is on the Split Coast Stampers web site.

I've been referencing the Split Coast Stampers web site quite a bit.

I had been to the web site back when it was much smaller and to me it wasn't that impressive. At my workshop I hosted in February one of the guests was saying how great it was. So I went to check it out.

If you are a stamper or into scrapbooking it is the place to go to. If you have a lot of Stampin Up sets this site is really great because you can look up any set that's been in any of their catalogs and you will find ideas.

There are all kinds of tutorial and project techniques on the site on the gallery page and on the resources page, as well as other nifty and cool things in the forums section. That's where I found the one sheet wonder instructions.

The ideas on the site are not limited to Stampin Up as there are a lot of people who use images from other companies too.

I have yet to post any of my projects but will be doing that really soon.

No comments: